Are you familiar with Winter-een-mas? It’s a gamer’s holiday that was started by Tim Buckley in the Ctrl+Alt+Del comic strip and it takes place over the course of seven days between January 25th and 31st. Each day is devoted to a specific genre:
- January 25th: Adventure games, symbolized by a man dressed as Indiana Jones.
- January 26th: First Person Shooter (FPS) games, with a 21 year-old sleep deprived gamer as its symbol.
- January 27th: Fighting games, represented by a martial artist with too many blows to the head
- January 28th: Real-time Strategy (RTS) games, whose emblem is a large bearded man with a pocket protector inside another pocket protector.
- January 29th: Racing games, shown as a racer with old-fashioned racing helmet and racing goggles holding a detached steering wheel.
- January 30th: Role Playing Games (RPGs), depicted as an elf-like woman holding floating dice above her left hand.
- January 31st: Sports games, with a round, middle-aged man wearing a #10 jersey and holding a beer bottle in each hand as its emblem.
We don’t need much of an excuse to celebrate around here, so for the rest of the week we will feature a Winter-een-mas-themed shirt from our merch store, leading up to a giveaway over the weekend. Since today is the 27th, the shirt is all about fighting games.
And stay tuned the rest of the week for more Winter-een-mas shirts and our giveaway!