If you heard about that epic Harry Potter-inspired LARP in Poland (you know, the one that tried to buy their own Hogwarts), but it wasn’t what you’d call “geographically desirable”, you’ll be interested to know t that a similar LARP is coming to the U.S.
The New World Magischola: A College of Wizardry LARP will take place at the University of Richmond, and will allow attendees to live out their Hogwarts dreams over the course of four days.
They’ve already crushed their original Kickstarter goal, but there are some pretty awesome stretch goals and you still have time to be a part of it. Here’s a preview of what you can expect:
- You get to live out your dream of being a wizard in a magical school.
- You’ll play a character and take part in a magical universe, where you will be a student living in one of five houses and attending magical classes according to your path of study.
- We’ll house you on site in double-occupancy, climate-controlled rooms for 4 days and 3 nights, and provide 8 buffet-style meals with a variety of dining options, created by the award-winning chefs at the University of Richmond.
- You’ll get access to an entire North American magical universe. We’ve designed a world, history, economy, characters, plots, sets, costumes, and magical creatures for you to interact with as your character.
- You’ll attend magical courses based on your path of study; four or five courses per day, depending on your schedule. This will be a customized magical curriculum developed by faculty and will immerse you in the feel of becoming a wizard.
- You’ll be sorted into one of the five houses of New World Magischola, and meet friends (and rivals) among your housemates, classmates, and peers.
- We’ll give you a robe to wear as your NWM uniform, a tie for your House, and a magical textbook to use. These can be yours to keep with a small additional fee.
- You’ll get to make friends, make enemies, argue passionately with both students and professors regarding how you want to change the magical world, for better or worse.>
- You may encounter enemies and evil entities, and have to defend yourself and civilized society from them.
- You’ll cast spells, pull pranks, conduct rituals, cause trouble, solve problems, and have the magical adventure that you’ve only dreamed of before and will never forget afterwards.
(via Comics Alliance)