We’ve had a preview of Elhoffer Design’s Hamilgown Collection, but now it’s ready for opening night. Plus, the photos by Lauren Elisabeth Photography capture both the fun and beauty of the collection and the cosplayers.
What started as Katie’s personal plan to make a dress for when she went to see Hamilton: An American Musical, became a collection—because she never does anything small.
This collection is also more elaborate than much of her previous geek fashion and uses fabric-covered and metal buttons, cuffed sleeves, pocket flaps above side-seam pockets, epaulettes, lace detailing, and more. They’re also light and easy to wear because none of these pieces actually have coats. It’s a very cool illusion due to topstitching and asymmetrical patterning.
I really hope Lin-Manuel Miranda sees this collection. I think he’d be thrilled to see what Hamilton has inspired.
- Tessa Netting as Alexander Hamilton
- Milynn Sarley as General Washington, Laurens, and Peggy Schuyler
- Anastasia Washington as Angelica Schuyler and Mulligan
- Susan Damon as Eliza Schuyler
- Aabria Lipscomb as Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson
- Armani Jones as Aaron Burr
- Sabina Ibarra as Ensemble
Ensemble Corsets courtesy of Castle Corsetry